Awas Plus Yojana: Recently, deprived people protested in front of BDO offices and government offices in the district, alleging corruption in the housing scheme. There are allegations that many political leaders’ close relatives have got houses even though they are not qualified.
Meanwhile, the state government has repeatedly moved against the centre for not paying the money due to the state in the housing scheme. It should be noted that under the Awas Plus Yojana, the state and central governments give money in the ratio of 60:40 for the construction of houses. Those who could not enroll in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in 2022-23 need not worry. They should be ready to apply in 2023-24.
What is Awas Plus Yojana?
Through Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or Awas Plus, the government is providing durable houses to all the low and middle income people of the country. In 2015, the Modi government announced that by 2022, around 2 crore people will be able to fulfill their dream of having a sustainable home. However, as that target was not met, the deadline was extended to 2024 and the number of houses to be built was increased to 2.5 crore.
There are two types of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana,
- one Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojona (Urban)
- two PMAY-Gramin. The validity of PMAY-Urban (PMAY-Gramin has been extended till December, 2023 and March, 2024 respectively.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:-
To fulfill the dream of building houses by providing loans to individuals/families who do not have a permanent house. Besides, the government also gives a certain amount of subsidy to the beneficiaries.
Who is eligible to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (conditions):-
- Any one of a family husband, wife, son, daughter can apply.
- There should not be any matured house in the name of the applicant.
- The vita-land must be in the name of the applicant.
- Individuals/families with a fixed income can avail this scheme. It is mentioned below.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS), up to 3 lakh taka.
- Low Income Group (LIG), up to Tk 3-6 lakh.
- Middle Income Group (MIG I), up to Tk 6-12 lakhs.
- Middle Income Group (MIG II), up to Tk 12-18 lakhs.
How to apply?
There are two ways to apply for the Prime Minister’s Housing Scheme.
- First of all, go online to pmaymis.gov.in website and create User Name and Password.
- Then go to ‘Citizen Assessment’ option and go to Benefit Under Other 3 Components.
- Now enter the Aadhaar number and click on Check.
- Now the application form will be opened in front of you. Fill all the information well.
- Then enter the Captcha Code given below and click on Submit.
Or, print the Awas Yojana application form. Fill all the information properly and submit it along with the necessary documents to the State Government selected Common Service Center or to the bank that facilitates Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- You must have Aadhaar card to avail this scheme.
- A declaration stating that there is no fixed house in your name.
- Bank Account Details.
- Job Card Number (if any).
- Swachh Bharat Mission Enrollment Number.
How much money you will get loan, subsidy, loan repayment period:-
- EWS category applicants are given a maximum loan of Rs 6 lakh, subsidy of Rs 2,67,280.
- LIG category applicants are given a maximum loan of Rs 6 lakh and subsidy of Rs 2,67,280.
- MIG I category applicants are given a maximum loan of Rs 9 lakh, subsidy of Rs 2,35,068.
- MIG II category applicants are given a maximum loan of Rs 12 lakh and a subsidy of Rs 2,30,156.
In all cases the maximum loan repayment limit is 20 years.
How to check housing scheme status?
Go to this website pmaymis.gov.in and click on ‘Citizen Application’. Then go to ‘Check Status’. Now enter your Application Id and mobile number in the appropriate place. Now click on submit option and you will see your application status on the screen.