Calcutta University MTech Course 2023: The University of Calcutta has released a notification for the new course of Masters of Technology (M.Tech.) The University of Calcutta has two types of courses –Full Time and Part Time.
Interested candidates can apply for the M.Tech courses from Calcutta University. Online applications start on 6th of April. And the last date of the application is 4th May 2023. M.Tech class will start in July 2023.
Application invited for admission to the following M. Tech Courses for the Session 2023-2024. Candidates appearing/ going to appear in the final semester/year exam 2023 are also eligible to apply.
2 Yr. (4 Semesters) Full-Time M.Tech. Courses (Calcutta University)
- Radio Physics & Electronics (RPE, Code No.101)
- VLSI DESIGN (VLSI, Code No.102) (Self Financing)
- Computer Sc. & Engg. (CSE, Code no.104)
- Information Technology (IT, Code no.105) (Self Financing)
- Electrical Engineering (EE, Code No.107)
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering (ICE, Code No.109)
- Optics and Optoelectronics (OO, Code No.111)
- Chemical Engineering (CE, Code No.113)
- Polymer Science & Technology (PST, Code No.114)
- Ceramic Engineering (CR, Code No.115)
- Oil Technology (OT, Code No.116)
- Petrochemical & Petroleum Refinery Engineering (PE, Code No.117)
- Pharmaceutical Technology (PT, Code No.118)
- Biomedical Instrumentation (BMI, Code No.112) (Self Financing)
3 Yr. (6 Semesters) Part Time M.Tech. Courses
- 15. Electrical Engineering (EE-PT, Code No.108) (Self Financing)
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering (ICE-PT, Code No.110), (Self Financing)
- Computer Engineering & Application (CEA-PT, Code No.106) (Self Financing)
- VLSI Design (VLSI-PT, Code No.103) (Self Financing)
All the above 18 courses are held in the University College of Science & Technology, Rashbehari Siksha Prangan (C.U. Rajabazar Science College Campus) 92, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata – 700009 and Technology Campus, A.P.C. Siksha Prangan, JD-2, Salt Lake, Sector – III, Kolkata – 700106
- 2 yr. (4 semesters) M.Tech. Course in Textile Technology (Technical Textiles) (TT, Code No.119) in the Dept. of Jute & Fibre Technology, 35, B.C. Road, Kolkata – 700019.
Download PDF: Click Here
Calcutta University M.Tech Admission Schedule 2023:
|Sl. No.||Activity/ Event||Dates|
|2||Date of Online Submission of Application and submission of Application Fee (online)||06-04-2023 To 04-05-2023|
|3||Publication of Draft Interview call list of Part B & Sponsored candidates and submission of claim for correction if any using Format I||To be announced later|
|4||Schedule of Interview for Part B & Sponsored candidates||To be announced later|
|5||Uploading of Passed Final Marksheet (without any backlog) for Part A candidates||To be announced later|
|6||Publication of Draft Merit List of Applicant of Part A||To be announced later|
|7||Submission of claim for correction if any in Draft Merit List of Part A using Format I||To be announced later|
|8||Publication of 1st Selection List of Part A||To be announced later|
|9||Publication of 1st Selection List of Part B & Sponsored Candidates||To be announced later|
|10||Admission of Candidates in 1st Selection Lists of both Part A & Part B||To be announced later|
|11||Commencement of 1st Semester M.Tech Class||Tentatively in the month of July 2023|
|12||Notice for next Selection Lists||To be announced later|
N.B.: The Schedule of Admission is subject to change on demand of the situation and will be notified accordingly. Candidates are requested to check the website regularly for any updates.
Download PDF: Link
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Rules, Merit List, Selection Procedure for M.Tech Course of Calcutta University:
- 2 Yr RADIO PHYSICS & ELECTRONICS (RPE): Click Here
- 2 Yr VLSI DESIGN (VLSI): Click Here
- 3 Yr VLSI DESIGN – PART TIME (VLSI-PT): Click Here
- 2 Yr COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (CSE): Click Here
- 2 Yr INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT),(Self Financed): Click Here
- 3 Yr COMPUTER ENGINEERING & APPLICATION – PART TIME: Click Here
- (CEA-PT),( Self-Financed): Click Here
- 2Yr ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (EE): Click Here
- 3 Yr ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING – PART TIME (EE-PT): Click Here
- 2 Yr INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING (ICE): Click Here
- 3 Yr INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING – PART TIME (ICE-PT)(Self-Financed): Click Here
- 2 Yr OPTICS & OPTOELECTRONICS (OOE): Click Here
- 2 Yr BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION (BMI) (Self-Financed): Click Here
- 2 Yr CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (CE): Click Here
- 2Yr POLYMER SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (PST): Click Here
- 2Yr CERAMIC ENGINEERING (CR): Click Here
- 2Yr OIL TECHNOLOGY (OT): Click Here
- 2Yr PETROCHEMICAL & PETROLEUM REFINERY ENGINEERING (PE): Click Here
- 2 Yr PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY (PT): Click Here
- 2 Yr TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY(TECHNICAL TEXTILES) (TT): Click Here
Admission Rule, Merit Lists, Selection Procedure PDF Download: Click Here
For Foreign National/ INTERNATIONAL Candidate of Calcutta University M.Tech Courses:
- For Foreign National/ International Students 15% of additional super numerical seats (15% of the total seats) be earmarked.
- Foreign students may be selected through Interviews by the respective departments.
- A foreign student may apply either through email along with his / her all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates, and syllabus of the last qualifying examinations of eligibility degree to the respective HoD or they may also apply through the admission portal as usual for national students.
- HoD after preliminary verification of the academic records, may call for Interview on virtual/physical mode.
- If the candidate qualified in interview, the equivalency certificate has to be collected from C.U. Registrar office. After getting equivalency clearance, concern department will send provisional list of selected candidates for approval of the Vice-Chancellor, C.U.
Three (03) types of Foreign Students: (Calcutta University MTech Course) –
- a) Foreign National with last qualifying eligibility degree from University of Calcutta.
- b) Foreign National with last qualifying eligibility degree from other Indian University.
- c) Foreign National with last qualifying eligibility degree from Foreign University.
- Foreign National candidate with last qualifying eligibility degree from University of Calcutta may also apply as like other Calcutta University candidates.
- Foreign National candidate with last qualifying eligibility degree from other Indian University may also apply as like other Non Calcutta University candidates.
- Foreign National candidate if selected for provisional admission have to pay specific Tuition Fees for the
- Foreign National Student as prescribed by the University of Calcutta. With the approval of the Vice Chancellor provisional selection letter may be issued to the candidate, mentioning the list of documents required before admission.
- All types of Foreign National Candidates must produce the following documents in original at the time of admission failing which the provisional selection / admission may be cancelled.
Permission of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) b) Valid foreign passport c) Financial undertaking d) Migration/Transfer Certificate e) Medical Fitness Certificate f) Prior security clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs g) Student Visa mentioning the specific course and university h) Attestation of all educational documents by Indian High Commission i) Any other document(s), if any required, by the authority at the time of admission j) FRRO endorsement
For foreign/International student Tuition Fee will be $ 500.00 or equivalent INR per semester for all courses. All other fees will be as like Indian Students.
For foreign/International Candidate should communicate in the email mentioned below.
Email: [email protected]
Fees Structure for M.Tech Courses of the University of Calcutta:
M.Tech Courses -2023-24:
|2 Yr. (4 Semester) M.Tech Course in Information Technology (Self Finance)||3 Yr. (6 Semester) Part time Evening Course of M.Tech in Computer Engineering & Application (Self Finance)|
|Tuition Fee||3000.00 p.m||Tuition Fee||4000.00 p.m|
|Admission Fee||1000.00||Admission Fee||1000.00|
|Session Fee||44.00 p.a||Session Fee||44.00 p.a|
|Library Fee||400.00 for 2 yrs||Library Fee||600.00 for 2 yrs|
|Laboratory Fee||200.00 p.m.||Laboratory Fee||200.00 p.m.|
|Tuition Fee for Sponsored Candidate||4000.00 p.m.||Tuition Fee for Sponsored Candidate||4000.00 p.m.|
Know Others Fees Structure: Click Here
Download PDF: Click Here
Important Links for Calcutta University MTech Course:
Official Website of Calcutta University: Link
Help Desk/ Contact Us: Download the PDF