CBSE Class 10 Syllabus: The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE has released the latest class 10 syllabus for board exams in 2024. CBSE also released the syllabus for classes 9, 11, and 12 for the academic year 2023-24. On 31 March 2023, the CBSE released this latest syllabus on its official website.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
Below is a table on the class 10 syllabus overview:
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Frequency of Conduction||Once in an Academic year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Question Paper Marks||100 marks (Theory marks + Internal Assessments)|
|All Subjects||Maths, Science, Social Science, English Language & Literature, Communicative English, Sanskrit, Hindi Course A, Hindi Course B, Computer Application, Information Technology, Home Science, Painting, Elements of Business.|
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2023-24: Study Scheme
In CBSE Class 10th there are lots of subjects but all students study 5 compulsory subjects, 2 optional subjects, and 2 subjects for internal assessment. Below given table contains the scheme of studies for class 10 CBSE students.
|Name of Compulsory Subjects||Science|
|Optional Subjects||Skill Subject|
|Language 3 / Any Academic subject apart from above selected subject|
|Subjects of Internal Assessment||Art Education|
|Health and Physical Education|
How to Download CBSE Class 10th Syllabus 2023-24?
Follow the below step-by-step process to download CBSE Class 10th Board Exam Syllabus 2023-24.
- Students first search on the google cbseacademic.nic.in.
- Now click on the CBSE Academic Website shown in the First Position on Google.
- After clicking the Academic Website, a new page will open.
- Click on the “Curriculum” Tab and Select the Curriculum 2023-24 tab shown on the top left side of the homepage.
- Now click the “Secondary Curriculum (IX – X) option.
- Your Class X All Subjects Syllabus will display on the screen.
- Download the PDF of the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2023-24 for further use.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2023-24: Download PDF
|S.No.||Get Subject Syllabus PDF|
|3||English (Language & Literature)|
|4||Hindi – Course A|
How to Prepare for the CBSE 10th Board Exams?
CBSE Board exams decide the future education journey of the students. The 10th board exam is the path to determine whether students want to opt for Medical, Engineering, Law, or higher studies. Today students have a variety of choices, but for this, it is important to clear their board exams.
It is not only important to study hard, but students should know how to work smart which would boost their performance. Below are a few best tips to prepare for the CBSE 10th board exams:
List down all the important topics you want to study in each subject:-
- Ensure that you are prepared once with all the topics
- Prepare a schedule to cover all the important subjects like Math and Science every day within a time frame
- Do not burden your mind with too many things. Plan the number of days with the subjects and the topics to be covered
- Take short breaks in between and do something you like
- Solving sample papers is very important
- Get your doubts clarified and don’t wait till the last moment
- Group study is a good way of revising and preparing
- Try taking a few mock tests and timing yourself to get a better hold on writing the exam within the stipulated time
CBSE 10th Syllabus 2023-24: Compulsory Subjects
The board released the CBSE class 10 syllabus 2023-24 on its official portal. Refer to the table below to get the direct download link.