GATE 2024 Registration Open Date: The GATE 2024 notification was released on August 4, 2023. The registration process is set to begin on August 24 and will conclude on September 29. Candidates can take the exam on February 3, 4, 10, and 11, 2024. To find additional information, please visit the official website: https://gate2024.iisc.ac.in/.
GATE 2024 Registration open Overview
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Notification||August 04, 2023,|
|Online Registration||August 24 to September 29, 2023 (Without late fee)|
|October 13 to October 21, 2023 (with a late fee)|
|Application Correction||September 30 to October 4, 2023|
|Admit Card Release||December 16, 2023|
|Examination Date||February 3, 2024|
|Answer Key Release||February 10, 2024|
|Objection Submission||February 11 to February 17, 2024|
|Final Answer Key Release||February 25, 2024|
|Result Declaration||March 17, 2024|
online application for the GATE 2024
The online application for the GATE 2024 will be available on August 24, 2023. Applicants have to submit several necessary details and upload several documents to fill out the GATE Application Form 2024.
TO fill out the GATE Form 2024, check these steps-
- Visit gate.iisc.ac.in portal.
- Log in and click on the GATE 2024 Form.
- Enter the Personal Details (name, phone number, parent’s name, address, etc.)
- Enter Degree Details
- Select the subject/papers in which applicants wish to appear.
- Upload recent photographs and signatures, certificates/mark sheets, etc.
- Choose three cities for the GATE Exam.
- Make the fee payment.
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for GATE 2024 will be as follows:
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Examination Duration: 3 hours
- Questions: 65 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark, and each incorrect answer will be penalized by 0.25 marks. There will be no negative marking for unattempted questions.
- Subjects: The GATE 2024 will be conducted in the following subjects:
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
GATE 2024 Exam Dates
Check the following table/ calendar for official GATE Exam dates in 2024 with its related events here:
|Notification releases||4th August 2023|
|Registration starts||By 24th August 2023|
|Last date to register (without any late fee)||29th September 2023|
|Last date to apply (with late fee)||13th October 2023|
|Modification/ Correction||7th to 11th November 2023|
|Availability of admit card||3rd January 2024|
|GATE 2024 Exam||3rd, 4th & 10th, 11th February 2024|
|Release of responses||16th February 2024|
|Releases of answer key||21st February 2024|
|Submission of objections/ challenges||22nd- 25th February 2024|
|Release of final answer key||February 2024|
|Declaration of results||16th March 2024|
|Downloading of Scorecards||23rd March 2024|
|COAP counseling||3rd week of March 2024|
The GATE 2024 will be a computer-based test (CBT) and will be conducted in two shifts:
- Shift 1: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Shift 2: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
GATE 2024 Cut Off
The expected cutoff for GATE 2024 will depend on the following factors:
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The number of applicants
- The number of available seats
The cutoff for GATE 2023 was as follows:
- General: 30.7
- OBC (NCL)/EWS: 27.6
- SC/ST/PWD: 20.4
The cutoff for GATE 2024 is expected to be slightly higher than the cutoff for GATE 2023. However, it is impossible to say for sure what the cutoff will be.