Indian Railway Corporation Ltd Recruitment 2023: Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) has released a notification for the recruitment of Trainee Apprentices under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended). There are the total of 190 vacancies.
Online applications are invited by Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) from the candidates having qualification of Graduation / Diploma in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics) and Graduates in General stream who have passed out during 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 for enrolment as Graduate Apprentices or Technician (Diploma) Apprentices for undergoing one year Apprenticeship training under the Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended) for the following training slots.
The Subject/ Disciplines are –
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma (Civil)
- Diploma (Electrical)
- Diploma (Electronics)
- Diploma (Mechanical)
- General Stream Graduates
What are the eligibility criteria for the applications of KRCL –in detail below;
Candidates are required to register themselves online with the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme portal and have a valid approved NATS ID, else their candidature will be rejected at the time of document verification.
Candidates who have passed out within the last 5 years* i.e. 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 will be considered (*5 years from the date of passing the qualifying examination and date of joining the apprenticeship training).
Educational Qualification for Indian Railway Corporation Ltd Recruitment:
What are the educational qualifications for the applications of KCRL –in detail below;
Graduate Apprentices: – The candidate must be a Graduate in Engineering in the listed fields from recognized (AICTE) University as under:-
- Civil Engineering. BE/B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering: BE/B.Tech in i) Electrical / Electronics & Power Engineering or ii) Combination of any sub stream of Basics streams of Electrical.
- Electronics Engineering: BE/B.Tech in i) Electrical/Electronics/Information Technology/Communication Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science/ Computer Engineering Or ii) a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Electrical/ Electronics/InformationTechnology/Communication Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering: BE/B.Tech in Mechanical/Industrial/ Automobile/Production Engineering.
Technician (Diploma) Apprentices: – The candidate must be a Diploma holder in any of the listed fields from a University or Institution recognized by Central/State Govt. Technical Education Board or University as under:-
- Civil Engineering: Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering: Diploma in Electrical/ Electronics & Power Engineering or a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Electrical/ Electronics.
- Electronics Engineering: Diploma in Electrical/Electronics/Information technology/Communication Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science/ Computer engineering or a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Electrical/ Electronics..
- Mechanical Engineering: Diploma in Mechanical/Industrial/ Automobile/Production Engineering.
Graduate Apprentices: –
The candidate must be a Graduate in any of the listed General Streams from a University or Institute recognized by UGC/Central or State Govt/Technical Education Board.
General Stream Graduates: Degree in Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business Administration / Bachelor of Management Science / Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication / Bachelor of Business Studies. Candidates should have the educational qualification prescribed for the notified training on the date of document verification. No additional weightage will be given to the candidate who possesses higher qualification along with above minimum essential qualification.
Note: Candidates having degree in any other Branch/Discipline other than as mentioned above are not eligible to apply.
Age Limit for Indian Railway Corporation Ltd Recruitment:
What is the age limit for the applications of KRCL –in detail below;
18-25 years as on 01.09.2023 (DOB between 01.09.1998 to 01.09.2005). There will be upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC-NCL candidates, subject to submission of required documents at the time of document verification.
Stipend/ Salary Amount:
What is the salary amount for the engagement of KCRL –in detail below;
For Graduate Apprentices – Rs.9000/- p.m.
For Technician (Diploma) Apprentices – Rs.8000/- p.m.
Candidates will have to make their own lodging/boarding arrangements during the period of training.
The candidate, who is enrolled as a Graduate Apprentice/ Technician Apprentice for training in KRCL, is required to possess Bank Account in his/her own name only and PAN card to receive stipend.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL):
How to apply for the recruitment of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of KCRL: Link
- Secondly, click on the ‘Registration Link”: Link
- Thirdly, click on the ‘Graduate Apprentice/Technician Apprentice for training in KRCL’
- Fourthly, fill up the application details
- After that, scan & upload the documents
- Then, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
Application fee: Candidates applying for training have to pay the prescribed processing fee as per their category detailed below;
For all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below as Sr no. 2 (Non Refundable) –100/-
What are the documents required for the applications of KRCL –in detail below;
- Mark sheets of all the semesters/year-wise along with Degree/Diploma certificate.
- 10th Pass/Matriculation certificate issued by the concerned education board as proof of birth.
- In case of land loser candidate, land loser certificate issued by SLAO as Annexure.
- In case of land loser candidate, Tehsildar certificate in prescribed format as enclosed.
- RTC documents of land (7/12, form No. XIV, etc.) pertaining to the year of acquisition of land by KRCL (document of recent date not accepted).
- Proof of relationship with land loser issued by Revenue authorities (if applicable).
- In case of death of landloser (whose name figures in SLAO and Tahsildar certificate), legal heir certificate and death certificate of landloser to be produced.
- Caste certificate in the format required for Central Government Employment as enclosed to avail the benefit of reservation of SC/ST/OBC.
- OBC- NCL (Non-creamy Layer) certificate issued by Tehsildar as per format indicated in the Annexure in the press notification dated 10.11.2023.
- The candidates applying against the training slots reserved for EWS must produce a valid Income and Asset Certificate issued by a competent authority as per Annexure on the date of Document Verification. In case of non-compliance, their claim for reserved status under EWS will not be entertained and the application of such candidates, if fulfilling all the eligibility conditions for General (UR) category, will be considered under General (UR) training slots only.
- Income certificate issued by Tehsildar for waiving processing fee for Economically Weaker Section.
- Minority community candidates claiming waiver of processing fee will be required to furnish “Minority Community declaration” affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper enclosed as Annexure in the press notification, failing which, their candidature will be rejected.
- Gazette notification and/or any legal document in case of formal change of name.
- Two attested passport size photographs
- Aadhar and PAN card.
- Candidates are advised to bring one self-attested photocopies of all the applicable documents at the time of document verification.
Mode of Selection for training: –
For all the categories, the total marks obtained for all years/semesters will be summed up to arrive at an aggregate percentage and a merit list will be prepared accordingly. No rounding off will be done and no weightage will be given to any particular semester/year.
In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidates with older age shall be selected. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the candidate who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be selected.
Candidates equalling to 3 times the no. of seats notified shall be called for document verification in the first round of document verification. Further, the candidates will be called for document verification as per requirement.
Land loser candidates, i.e. those land losers candidates who have lost their land for the Konkan Railway Project shall be given first preference in selection for apprenticeship training. The definition of land loser candidate is as under:”Whose land was acquired for Konkan Railway Project irrespective of the percentage of land lost such person himself/herself, spouse (wife/husband), son, unmarried daughter, paternal grandson and paternal unmarried grand daughter only are eligible”.
Candidates belonging to the districts of KRCL jurisdiction i.e. Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg from State of Maharashtra, North Goa and South Goa from the State of Goa and Uttara Kannada, Udupi and Dakshina Kannada from the State of Karnataka will be given second preference for enrolment for training.
Important Links for Indian Railway Corporation Ltd Recruitment:
Official Website of KRCL: Link
Official Notification: Download