National Overseas Scholarship 2023: National Overseas Scholarship 2023: The National Overseas Scholarship 2023 application window will open on February 15, 2023. Interested students can apply online on the official website- nosmsje.gov.in till March 31, 2023.
National Scholarship 2023: Registration from February 15
The Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship is to facilitate the low-income students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans category to obtain higher education viz., Master’s degree or Ph.D. courses by studying abroad thereby improving their Economic and Social status.
“The NOS portal will open from 15-02-2023 for a period of 45 days i.e. till 31-03-2023 (Midnight) for submission of online application through the Portal. All the desired candidates are advised to go through the Scheme Guidelines of NOS (SC) 2023-24 before submission of application (Scheme guidelines are available on the portal.” reads the notification on the official website.
The Scheme provides financial assistance to the selected candidates for pursuing Masters’s level courses and Ph.D. courses abroad in Institutions/Universities accredited by the Government/authorized body of that country in any field of study.
Every year 125 fresh awards, subject to the availability of funds, will be given under the Scheme.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, at least 60% marks or an equivalent grade in the qualifying examination would be required. In case of Ph.D. courses, the qualifying exam would be a Master’s Degree and for Master’s Degree courses, the qualifying examination would be Bachelor’s Degree. In case a student has completed a Bachelor of Engineering after completing Diploma (Lateral Entry to 2nd year), the percentage of marks obtained in a Bachelor’s degree will be taken into account.
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years, as on the first day of April for selection year.
- The total income of the family should not exceed Rs 8 lakh per annum.
List of Documents Required:
- 10th Board Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Scanned Signature.
- Current Address proof/Permanent Address Proof, in case different from the current address.
- Qualifying Degree/Provisional Certificate.
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Valid Document regarding admission in Foreign University (Application, Registration or Admission related document)
- Income documents of all family members.
- Employer’s NOC Certificate if the applicant is employed. Gap certificate in case there is a gap of more than 6 months after completing the qualifying
- ITR acceptance document.
- Aadhar Card.