Phd Programme 2023: Online applications are invited from the eligible intending candidates for admission to
the Ph.D. Programme 2022 and State Funded Fellowship 2022 under Faculty Councils (Science, Arts, Commerce, Law etc.), the University of Burdwan. The online form will be available on the University website (www.buruniv.ac.in) on and from 15.03.2023 to 30.03.2023.
The minimum eligibility to seek admission to the Phd Programme 2023
- Candidates holding the Master’s Degree from any UGC-recognized university
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBCA/OBCB/Differently Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Minimum eligibility for applying for State Funded Fellowship:
State Funded Fellowships will be awarded to the candidates purely on the basis of merit and to be eligible for State Funded Fellowship the candidates with NET/SET/SLET/GATE qualifications are to be admitted to the PhD. Programme of the University of Burdwan.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION: Written Entrance Test (Phd Programme 2023):
For getting admission to the Ph.D. Programme 2023, a candidate shall have to appear for the written test of 100 marks, with 50 questions of 2 marks each in the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) model on the OMR sheet. Candidates will be allowed to retain the carbon copy of the OMR sheet with them after the completion of the examination.
Each candidate has to secure a minimum qualifying mark of 50% in the Written Entrance Test to qualify for the final viva voce. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall cover two sections, viz, Research Methodology and the specific subject with 25 questions each from the two sections.
Exemption from Written Entrance Test:
Candidates who have a full-time regular M.Phil. Degree with course work or have qualified in the UGC-NET (including JRF)/CSIR-NET (including JRF)/ SET/SLET/GATE or teacher fellowship shall be exempted from appearing at the Written Entrance Test for admission to the PhD. Programme.
Candidates after qualifying in the Written Entrance Test by securing a minimum qualifying mark of 50 and all the exempted candidates will have to appear for Viva-voce of 30 marks to be conducted by the Doctoral Committee and the date of the Interview will be notified later on in the university website (www.buruniv.ac.in). At the time of the final interview, the Doctoral Committee will objectively assess the research interest of the candidate in the relevant field/ area as well as his/her past academic records, and award marks as per the following guidelines:
|Component||Marks||Break–up if any||Marks||Remarks|
- Candidates who qualified through the Primary Phase Written Entrance Test by securing minimum qualifying marks of 50, will get a weightage of 70% for the Entrance Test and 30% for the performance in the Final Phase Viva-Voce in preparation for the final result.
The University of Burdwan Online applications for the Ph. D. Programme
- 1st step in form filling is to make payment of the application fee of Rs.250/- through the following link: https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm AND proceed step by step
- Applicants are to select “Educational Institutions” under “Select Category”
- Search ‘The University of Burdwan” on the page reached through the link and
- Choose “APPLICATION FEES FOR PhD ADMISSION” in the dropdown under the payment category and make payment as per the instructions.
Note: Applicants are to keep a copy of the receipt of payment in either pdf or jpeg format for uploading in the designated field of the online application form. Insertion of transaction id and uploading of receipt is mandatory in absence of which a form cannot be submitted.
2nd step in form filling is enrollment in the Academic Bank of Credit (ABC) in the National Academic Depository (NAD) and procuring ABC ID which is mandatory as per the UGC order. (Link for the UGC Order: https://tinyurl.com/2j3dj75x )
For enrollment in ABC, applicants much click on the following link : https://tinyurl.com/2ol7fklm
AFTER COMPLETING THE 1ST & 2ND STEPS AS MENTIONED ABOVE, THE APPLICANTS SHOULD FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM THROUGH ONE OF THE LINKS MENTIONED BELOW (AS APPLICABLE) :
- FORM LINK FOR SUBJECTS UNDER FACULTY COUNCIL (ARTS ETC.) : https://tinyurl.com/2p7nz93d
- FORM LINK FOR SUBJECTS UNDER FACULTY COUNCIL (SCIENCE) : https://tinyurl.com/2fs2zc4j
After the successful submission of the Application Form, all applicants will receive a copy of the submitted form and a receipt of submission in their registered e-mail id. In case, they do not receive any mail, then they would be able to download form and receipt through either of the three following links alternatively :
- Web: https://tinyurl.com/2gttqmx8
- WhatsApp : https://tinyurl.com/2h48s9nl
- Telegram: https://tinyurl.com/2ldxcaax
Online submission of the application form by a candidate does not automatically ensure his/her admission to the Programme.
SUBJECT WISE VACANCY [Faculty Council (Arts, Com., Law etc.)] Ph.D. Programme 2022
|Sl. No.||SUBJECT||Total Number of Vacancies||UR||SC||ST||OBCA||OBCB||DA UR|
|4||BusinessAdministration (Human Resources)||4||2||1||1||0||0||0|
|12||Library and information science||2||1||1||0||0||0||0|
Admission to the Phd Programme 2023, and State-Fund Fellowship 2022 Notics :