RAC Scientist Recruitment 2023 (DRDO): Recruitment & Assessment Centre (RAC), Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi-110054 has released a notification for the applications of Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO (630 Vacancies).
RAC invites online applications from graduate engineers and post graduates in Science including students who are appearing or have appeared in their final year examination and are likely to get final/provisional degree before the closing date through RAC website https://rac.gov.in for recruitment to the posts of Scientist `B’ in Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) in Level-10 (7th CPC) of the Pay Matrix (Rs.56,100/- ) in specified disciplines and categories. Total emoluments (inclusive of HRA and all other allowances) at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 88,000/- p.m. at the present metro city rate.
Subject/ Discipline are –
- Electronics & Comm. Engg
- Mechanical Engg
- Computer Science & Engg
- Electrical Engg
- Material Science & Engg/ Metallurgical Engg.
- Chemical Engg
- Aeronautical Engg
- Civil Engg
- Instrumentation Engg
- Material Science
- Naval Architecture
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Atmospheric Science
What is the essential qualification for the applications of RAC, DRDO –in detail below;
At least First Class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Metallurgy from a recognized university or equivalent.
At least First Class Master’s Degree in Physics from a recognised university or equivalent.
Valid GATE score (Various subjects/disciplines)
What are the eligibility criteria for the applications of RAC, DRDO –in detail below;
Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) along with a valid GATE Qualification. OR
Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) from IITs/NITs with minimum aggregate 80% marks
Nationality: Only Indian nationals need to apply
AGE LIMIT FOR CANDIDATES (as on closing date of advertisement):
|Age not exceeding|
|Un Reserved (UR) /EWS||28 years||35 years||30 years|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||31 years||38 years||33 years|
|SC/ST||33 years||40 years||35 years|
Required Documents for RAC Scientist Recruitment:
What are the documents required for the applications of RAC, DRDO –in detail below;
- Self-attested certificates/testimonials regarding Date of Birth (Matriculation /High School Certificate or Birth Certificate issued by appropriate local authority), Essential Qualification degree along with mark sheets (both front and reverse side), Conversion Formula (CGPA/CPI to Percentage), Caste, EWS status, Ex-serviceman, Disability, Employment in Central Govt civilian posts, etc. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500KB and it must be legible when a printout is taken.
- Candidates are required to submit the relevant affidavit if there is any mismatch in the name of self or parents as mentioned in the application form with any of the certificates/documents being uploaded.
- A recent passport size colour photograph (size not exceeding 30KB; resolution of 110 x 140 pixels).
- Scanned sample of candidate’s signature.
- Valid GATE scorecard (Applicable only for Category I candidates in Part-I disciplines, and for all candidates in Part-II disciplines).
- The candidates, whether in Govt Service or in Govt owned organisations, should upload a signed declaration (as per the proforma available at RAC website) that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in writing that they have applied for the post of Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO/ADA/DST.
APPLICATION FEE & MODE OF PAYMENT:
General (UR), EWS and OBC male candidates are required to pay a nonrefundable non-transferable application fee of Rs100/- (Rs. One Hundred only) payable online only. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of RAC, DRDO:
How to apply for the recruitment of Recruitment & Assessment Centre. DRDO –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of RAC: Link
- Secondly, do ‘Registration’
- Thirdly, do log in
- Fourthly, fill up the application details
- After that, scan & upload the documents
- At last, submit it.
What is the selection procedure for the recruitment of RAC, DRDO –in detail below;
The shortlisted candidates on the basis of the GATE scores and/or Written Examination will be required to appear in the Personal Interview to be held at Delhi or any other place as decided by RAC/ DRDO.
The offer of appointment to the selected candidates will be restricted to the number of vacancies in order of merit. The appointment, however, will be subject to satisfying conditions like qualifying the Medical Examination prescribed for Group ‘A’ Technical posts of Govt. of India with Field Service liability and verification of character antecedents besides verification of SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD(HH)/PwD(LD)/PwD(AAV)/PwD(Dw) certificate etc, wherever applicable.
The final result (customised for individual candidates) will be made available at RAC website (https://rac.gov.in).
SCREENING / SHORTLISTING:
For Subjects/Disciplines under Part-I :
Category I: Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a Written Examination on the basis of GATE score in the ratio of 1:25 subject to their availability in order of discipline-wise category-wise merit list.
Category II: All eligible IIT and NIT graduate engineers with minimum 80% aggregate marks in the EQ degree will be called for a Written Examination.
Important Dates & Links for RAC Scientist Recruitment:
Last date of application: 29.07.2023
Official Website of RAC: Link
Official Notification: Download