SSC Recruitment 2023 (MTS and Havaldar): Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released a notification for the recruitment of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, and Havaldar (CBIC & CBN) Examination, 2023.
Tentative vacancies for the posts are as under:
- MTS: 1198 (approx.)
- Havaldar in CBIC and CBN: 360
Updated/detailed vacancies will be made available on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in->Candidate‟s Corner-> Tentative Vacancy).
What are the eligibility criteria for the applications of SSC –in detail below;
A candidate must be a citizen of India
Age Limit: (As on 01.08.2023)
The crucial date for age reckoning is fixed as 01-08-2023 in accordance with the provisions of DoP&T OM No. 140l7/70/87- Estt.(RR) dated 14-07-1988. The age limits for the posts as per the Recruitment Rules of various User Departments are:
18-25 years (i.e. candidates born not before 02.08.1998 and not later than 01.08.2005) for MTS and Havaldar in CBN (Department of Revenue).
18-27 years (i.e. candidates born not before 02.08.1996 and not later than 01.08.2005) for Havaldar in CBIC (Department of Revenue) and few posts of MTS.
What is the educational qualification for the recruitment of SSC MTS –in detail below;
- The candidates must have passed Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board as on or before the cut-off date i.e. 01-08-2023.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in the Gazette of India, all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities.
- Document Verification (DV) will be conducted by the User Departments/Organizations after declaration of the final result. Candidates will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc.
- The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Candidates possessing equivalent educational qualification shall also produce relevant Equivalence Certificate from the authorities concerned at the time of Document Verification. However, final decision regarding selection of such candidates will be taken by the User Departments/ Appointing Authorities concerned.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of SSC MTS:
How to apply for the recruitment of SSC MTS –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of SSC: Link
- Secondly, click on ‘Registration’ (Link Below)
- Thirdly, do log in
- Fourthly, fill up the application details
- After that, scan & upload the documents
- Then, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
Fee payable: Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
Women candidates and candidates belonging to (SC), (ST), Persons with Disabilities(PwBD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 22-07-2023 (23.00). However, candidates who wish to make cash payment through Challan of SBI, may make the payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 24-07- 2023 provided the Challan has been generated by them before 23-07-2023 (23.00).
Required Documents for SSC Recruitment:
What are the documents required for the applications of SSC MTS –in detail below;
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar,
- Voter‟s ID Card,
- Driving License,
- PAN Card,
- ID Card issued by University/ College/ School,
- Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU),
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence,
- Any other photo-bearing ID Card issued by the Central/ State Government.
The Staff Selection Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff (in Pay Level-1 as per Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission), a General Central Service Group „C‟ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/Departments/ Offices of the Government of India and various
Constitutional Bodies/ Statutory Bodies/ Tribunals, etc., in different States/ Union Territories and Havaldar (in Pay Level-1 as per Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission), a General Central Service Group „C‟ Non-Gazetted, NonMinisterial post in Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and Central Bureau of Narcotics (CBN) under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance.
Scheme of Examination:
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination, Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST) (only for the post of Havaldar).
The Computer Based Examination will be conducted in Hindi, English and in 13 regional languages viz. (i) Assamese, (ii) Bengali, (iii) Gujarati, (iv) Kannada, (v) Konkani, (vi) Malayalam, (vii) Manipuri, (viii) Marathi, (ix) Odia, (x) Punjabi, (xi) Tamil, (xii) Telugu and (xiii) Urdu
The schedule of examinations indicated in the Notice is tentative. Any change in the schedule of examinations will be informed to candidates only through the website of the Commission
There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking of the scores. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
In case of any difference/ discrepancy/ dispute in the Questions between English and the opted language, the content of English version shall prevail.
Mode of selection:
The recruitment process for the post of MTS will consist of Session-I and Session-II in Computer Based Examination (CBE).
The performance of the candidate in Session-I will be evaluated first and performance in Session-II would be evaluated only if a candidate qualifies in Session-I.
Important Dates & Links for SSC Recruitment:
Last date of application: 21.07.2023
Official Website of SSC: Link
Registration Link: Click Here
Official Notification: Download