Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023-24: The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is the largest scholarship provided by the West Bengal government for students from class XI to research level. It offers monthly stipends ranging from 1,000 to 8,000 taka, depending on the course. Students must apply for the scholarship in the first year and renew it for subsequent years to continue receiving it. Failure to renew results in the loss of the scholarship for the remaining years of the course.
SVMCM Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
|Name of Scholarship||Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship|
|Introduced By||Govt. of West Bengal|
|Department||Department of Higher Education, Govt. West Bengal|
|Launched in||in the year 2016|
|Status||Open for 2023-24 session|
|Name of the Portal||SVMCM 4.0|
|Last date||31st October 2023|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria 2024
Here are the eligibility criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The applicant must be studying in a recognized educational institution in West Bengal.
- The applicant must have secured at least 75% marks in the last qualifying examination.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 2.5 lakhs.
- The scholarship is available for students pursuing the following courses:
- Class XI and XII
- Undergraduate courses
- Postgraduate courses
- Professional courses such as engineering, medical, and management
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship: Required Documents
Candidates who apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship or the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship must submit certain mandatory documents in order for their application to be considered. They must upload a number of key documents with their online application, including:
- The front and back sides of their mark sheet for the last examination passed
- Admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
- Income certificate (in the format specified)
- Income affidavit (in the specified format)
- The first page of their bank passbook clearly mentions their account number and IFSC details
- Aadhaar card/Ration card/Voter ID card
- Recent photograph with a size not more than 10 -50 KB
- Institute verification form (in the prescribed format) duly authenticated by the HOI (Head of Institution) (Note: The students can obtain the institute verification form online from the portal after the submission of the online application. Get it authenticated by the HOI and finally upload to the portal).
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship: Awards & Benefits 2023-2024
|Number||Group||Level of study||Scholarship fund(IND/Month)|
|1||Directorate of School Education (DSE)||Higher Secondary||1,000|
|2||Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||1,000|
|3||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Undergraduate in Arts||1,000|
|4||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Undergraduate in Commerce||1,000|
|5||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Undergraduate in Science||1,500|
|6||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Undergraduate in other professional courses (UGC approved)||1,500|
|7||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Postgraduate in Arts||2,000|
|8||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Postgraduate in Commerce||2,000|
|9||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Postgraduate in Science||2,500|
|10||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Postgraduate in other professional courses (UGC approved)||2,500|
|11||Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Non-NET M.Phil./Non-NET PhD||5,000-8,000|
|12||Technical education at college or universities||Undergraduate in Engineering, Postgraduate in Engineering, and other professional courses (AICTE approved)||5,000|
|13||Directorate of Technical Education and Training (DTE &T)||Undergraduate (Polytechnic)||1,500|
|14||Directorate of Medical Education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/Diploma courses||5,000 and 1,500, respectively|
SVMCM (V4.0) 2023 – Registration
The online registration form for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is available only at SVMCM (V4.0) portal. Those who are going to apply for this scholarship for the first time will have to make a fresh application/registration. You need to follow the steps below to complete the registration:
- First of all, visit the official SVMCM (V4.0) portal for online registration.
- Then select the “How To Apply” option, and click on “Proceed for Registration”.
- Then select “Apply for Fresh Registration” according to your Registration Category.
- Now enter some information, such as Name of Qualifying Public Exam, Board/Council/College/University Name, Year of Qualifying Exam, Class 10th Roll No, Total Marks Obtained, etc.
- Then enter the Present Course of Study ie Name of Institute, District, and Subdivision. Name of Present Course, Duration of Course, Date of Admission, etc.
- Now enter your basic details like full name, mobile number, and email id, then set a password and click on the register button.
- Type the OTP received on the registered mobile number and click on the verify button.
- After successful registration, note down your application ID and also download the registration slip.