Swasthya Sathi Card Apply: Swasthya Sathi Card is an important document issued by the West Bengal government to low-middle-income people. Through this scheme, the state government has provided medical services up to a maximum of taka 5 lahks per annum for the low-income public. It is essential to mention the health partner number while enrolling in Lakshmi Bhandar especially to avail the benefits of various schemes of the state.
Please read the full report for details on how to enroll in a health partner card, who can apply, what documents are required for application, and what benefits are available.
Who is eligible to apply for Health Mate Scheme?/ Eligible Conditions:-
- Age of the family: A health card is issued in the name of the eldest female.
- If there is no female in the family, the card will be in the name of the male.
- Son of at least 18 years of age and an unmarried woman of 21 years of age can be enrolled in the card.
- Government employees who are not directly paid in Government Payroll.
- Those who are not enrolled in any central or state government health insurance.
- There is no upper-income limit for applying to this scheme. People of any profession can apply for this scheme.
- Members of both the father’s house and in-laws’ family of the person in whose name the card is named will be covered under this card.
- All government hospitals and more than 1500 private hospitals across the country will have health companion facilities.
How to Swasthya Sathi Card Apply?
First, take a printout of health partner form B online. Now write the Address, Cast, Beneficiary Name (beneficiary name), name of other family members, Aadhaar number, food partner number, and mobile number mentioned in the form and sign it with the Beneficiary below. Leave the URN field blank. Then submit this form along with a xerox of your Aadhaar and ration card of applicants and members to your nearest block office or government camp at Duare.
A fixed date will be given for photographs within 7-14 days after submitting the application to Duare Sarkar Camp. Family members should be present at the specified place on that date. The Health Companion Smart Card is issued immediately after the photo is taken.
Benefits:- In case of any critical/costly illness, the family can avail medical services up to a maximum of five lakh rupees per year in government and private hospitals that provide health care facilities. The health partner smart card is valid for a lifetime. The card automatically renews every year. Treatment abroad is also available.
How to see under which hospital health partner?
Download Swasthya Sathi App from Google Play Store. Now launch the app and go to the Active Hospital option. A new screen will appear on your device. Select and find State (West Bengal), District Hospital Type, and Grade. After that, the list of registered hospitals of health partners will appear in front of you.
Also, click on Nearby Hospital on the home page. Now you can see the list of health partner hospitals with Distance.
Important updates on health partners:-
Recently, allegations of corruption were raised against medical institutions in the health partners scheme. Patients and relatives complain that although the treatment is not complete, the hospital authorities say that all the money on the card has been spent.
As a result, middle-class families are suffering. So the state government has issued a new directive on health care, where it is said that hospitals cannot claim the full amount of medical services if the patient’s treatment is not completed or the operation fails.
In that case, up to half the money can be asked for. The state government has prepared a list of how much money can be claimed at any stage of the treatment process. The statement of a Nabanna boss who did not wish to reveal his name said that a lot of money is being spent in the health sector due to this corruption of the health partner. Therefore, the government has taken strict measures to prevent corruption.
What is required to fill up the form for the ‘Swasthya Sathi’ card to apply online?
- The applicant has to fill up the form with his name, Aadhaar card number, address, mobile number, and biometric information.
- The signature of the female member of the family in whose name the card is being issued should be taken on the upper right side of the application form.
- If the applicant already has a ‘Khadya Sathi’ card, then the same should be mentioned in the application form.
- If there is no female member in the family, then the “Shashtya Sathi” card will be generated in the name of the male member of the family.