WBCHSE New Two Courses Added for 11 and 12 Level: West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) has released a notification for the new courses added for XI – XII Level. The notification was released at 25th April 2023.
As per the notification, As directed, I am to inform you that the Council is going to introduce two new subjects at Class XI–XII level, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence from the 2023-24 academic session.
The syllabus and Question pattern for these subjects is being attached to this Notification. The schools that would be interested in introducing these subjects may apply to the Council within the time period 2nd May 2023 to 30th June 2023.
Application for Subject Permission for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence should be submitted by hand at the Academic Section of Vidyasagar Bhavan for this year (i.e, academic year 2023-24) only.
Satisfying the following Criteria would be mandatory for applying for these subjects:
- Computer Science is already being taught at the school and a proper Laboratory facility is available for teaching Computer Science.
- Permanent approved teacher with minimum qualification of BSC in Computer Science /IT or BE/B.Tech in Computer Science /IT or MCA or Hons. Graduate in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics with course in Artificial Intelligence or Data Science.
- Candidates must have studied Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning either as the part of undergraduate or postgraduate curriculum or as the part of post graduate certificate courses on AI-ML, Data science from reputed institute (mark sheets must reflect the same or relevant documentary evidences to be produced)
- Should be familiar with Python Programming Language.
- The Council may arrange a training program of around 10 days for the teachers somewhere in the month of June / July. Regarding training program, detailed Notification will be uploaded in due course.
Important Links for WBCHSE New Two Courses:
Official Website of WBCHSE: Link
Official Notification: Download