WBPDCL Technician Recruitment 2023: The West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL) has released a notification for the engagement of Graduate/ Technician Apprentice for the period 2023-2024 as per the Apprentices Act, 1961 & Apprenticeship Rules 1992 (as amended from time to time).
The West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL), a Government of West Bengal Enterprise, engaged in the business of Generation of Electricity in the State of West Bengal, invites applications from Indian Nationals as of Technician Apprentices (Graduate/Diploma) under the Apprentices Act, 1961 for imparting training as per provisions of the said act, at its Power Stations / Projects located at different places across West Bengal as given below –
Technician Apprentice (Graduate in Engineering)
- Instrumentation / Electronics
Technician Apprentice (Diploma in Engineering)
- Instrumentation / Electronics
Educational Qualification for WBPDCL Technician Recruitment:
What is the educational qualification for the applications of WBPDCL –in detail below;
Technician Apprentice (Graduate in Engineering) –
Graduate Degree (04) years full time course) in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering / Instrumentation/ Mining from any institute recognized by the AICTE.
Technician Apprentice (Diploma in Engineering) –
Diploma (03 years full time course) in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering / Instrumentation from any institute recognized by the AICTE or from any institute recognized by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
What is the age limit for the applications of WBPDCL –in detail below;
Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 01.07.2023 for Technician Apprentice – Diploma in Engineering. However, in case Technician Apprentice – Graduate in Engineering maximum age shall be 25 years as on 01.07.2023.
Date of birth will be taken as that mentioned in the Birth Certificate, issued by the Competent Authority/ Certificate or Admit Card of class X or equivalent examination. No other proof of date of birth shall be accepted.
PERIOD OF APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING: 12 months of training commencing from the execution of the Contract of Apprenticeship.
Salary Amount/ Stipend:
What is the salary amount for the applications of WBPDCL –in detail below;
The monthly stipend will be paid as per the below-mentioned prescribed rates governed by the Apprenticeship Act, 1961:
- Graduate Apprentice (Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation/ Mining): Rs. 9000/-
- Diploma Apprentice (Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation): Rs. 8000/-
A lodging facility shall be provided by WBPDCL but fooding shall be borne by the apprentices themselves at a subsidized rate at our Plant canteen. Electricity charges incurred by the apprentices have to be paid by themselves. This stipend will be paid directly into the bank account of the apprentices.
LEAVE: An apprentice shall be entitled to such holidays as are observed in WBPDCL as per its holiday list. Besides this, they will enjoy the following leaves:
- Casual Leave: 14 days CL per year may be admissible to an apprentice (starting from the date of joining).
- Medical Leave: 10 days ML per year may be granted to an apprentice (starting from the date of joining).
- Extra-ordinary Leave: As per Existing rules of the Company.
What are the documents required for the applications of WBPDCL –in detail below;
- Duly signed and filled in application blank / application form.
- 02 Copies of recent passport size photograph.
- Enrolment number after registering themselves on the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) web portal (www.mhrdnats.gov.in)
Self-attested copies of:
- Date of Birth (matriculation certificate/mark sheet / admit card or Birth Certificate).
- Qualifying degree/diploma certificates with all semester-wise / year-wise mark sheets, as applicable.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of WBPDCL:
How to apply for the recruitment of West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL) –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of WBPDCL: Link
- Secondly, click on the ‘Apply Online’
Before registering/submitting applications on the website, the candidates should possess a valid:
- Enrolment number obtained after registering themselves with the NATS web portal (www.mhrdnats.gov.in).
- E-mail ID
- Mobile number
- Scanned copy of recent passport size coloured photograph (not more than 500KB size) of the candidate, as applicable and scanned signature (not more than 200KB size) of the candidate, as applicable.
- Thirdly, fill up the application details
- Fourthly, scan & upload the documents
- At last, submit it.
What is the Selection Process for the recruitment of WBPDCL –in detail below;
Candidates shall be called for Personal Interview (PI) based on percentage of marks achieved in Degree/ Diploma Engineering @ 1:5 ratio taking into consideration the respective reservation norms.
The selected candidates will be required to sign Contracts of Apprenticeship Training with WBPDCL through online mode for a period of one year of training as per provisions of the Apprentices Act, 1961 and rules framed there under.
After completion of such apprenticeship training / stipulated period, the Apprenticeship Contract shall automatically cease. There shall be No obligation on part of WBPDCL to offer any employment thereafter.
Important Dates & Links for WBPDCL Technician Recruitment:
Last date of application: 21.08.2023
Official Website of WBPDCL: Link
Official Notification: Download