Cyber Swachhta Kendra: The government has launched free tools to combat malware attacks on smartphones. They are sending SMS notifications with download links to raise awareness and protect users from harmful bots (The government’s Free mobile virus Bot Removal Tools).
About Cyber Swachhta Kendra Portal
The Cyber Swachhta Kendra portal, also known as the Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre, provides free malware detection tools. Operating in collaboration with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and antivirus companies under the management of the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), this portal offers information and tools to help users secure their systems and devices.
what’s a Cyber Swachhta Kendra Government bot?
A bot is software that is capable of infecting a victim’s machine and later using it for malicious activities. Activities can be directed by the command and control server of the bot.
What is a botnet?
A botnet is a network of bots/compromised machines that work in sync to perform malicious activity.
- What are botnet activities? How can it harm my computer/device?
- Botnet can do the following activities to harm your computer/device
GET INFORMATION FROM YOUR COMPUTER / DEVICE
- Spreading itself to other computers/devices in the network, thereby increasing the scope of the threat
- download other malware
- Using your computer/device to launch cyber attacks such as spamming, Denial of Service (DoS), etc.
How to remove malware from the phone?
- For this first visit the official website of CSK which is – www.csk.gov.in
- Now click on the ‘Security Tools’ option.
- On the next page, select the anti-virus company’s bot removal tool you want to use.
- Then tap on the Download option to download the tool.
- Windows users can choose eScan Antivirus or K7 Security.
- Android users can download eScan CERT-IN or M-Kavach 2 bot removal tool by going to Google Play Store. Both these are official apps.
- Once downloaded, this app will start scanning all the malware on the device. If any virus is detected it will be deleted from the device.