Failure to link Aadhaar-PAN: If PAN card is not linked with Aadhaar card, fine will be paid. This is what the Central Board of Indirect Taxes has ordered. Although exemption is given in some cases, many people have to pay for some mistakes. Correct rules must be followed to avoid penalty (Failure to link Aadhaar-PAN).
The last date for Aadhaar-PAN linking was March 31, 2022 as directed by the Central Government. Those who linked PAN card with Aadhaar till June, 2022 were fined Rs 500. This rule applied to taxpayers. Later, the period for Aadhaar-PAN linking was extended till March 31, 2023, but the penalty was increased to Rs 1,000.
However, in some cases, the central government has given concessions in connection with Aadhaar-PAN. In some cases the penalty is being waived off and the concerned persons have to link PAN with Aadhaar or Kikkar Read the full report to know all the details.
Persons for whom Aadhaar-PAN linking is not mandatory:-
- Aadhaar-PAN linking is not mandatory for Non Resident Indian.
- The central government has relaxed the linking of PAN card with Aadhaar for persons aged 80 years and above.
- Residents of Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are exempted from late linking of PAN card with Aadhaar card. Even for them, Aadhaar-Pan Link is not mandatory, the Income Tax Department said.
In all the above cases PAN can be linked with Aadhaar even after the stipulated time.
How to link PAN with Aadhaar with penalty?
Follow the following way(s) to link PAN with your Aadhaar.
- First go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ website and click on Link Aadhaar option.
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and 10-digit PAN (Permanent Account Number) and go to Validate.
- Now a new tab will open, go to Continue topay through E-Pay tax.
- Then enter the PAN and mobile number on the new page and click on Continue.
- Then an OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar. Enter this OTP in the right place and continue.
- This time another new page will open. Here click on Proceed under Income Tax.
- Now on the page that will open on your screen select the payment method and continue.
- Now Aadhaar-PAN linking will be completed only if the payment process is successful.