GATE 2024 Exam Date: GATE 2024, conducted by IISc Bangalore, is expected to release its notification in August on gate.iisc.ac.in. Eligible graduate candidates can fill the application form in September for the exam. GATE is a gateway to post-graduation in IITs and PSU recruitment.
The exam dates are yet to be announced. The official notification will provide detailed information on eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, and more. Use the GATE GOAPS 2024 portal for registration. The exam is tentatively scheduled for February 3, 4, 10, & 11, 2024, covering 29 papers.
GATE EXAM : What’s New
- Two new subjects – Geomatics Engineering (GE) and Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM). The total number of subjects has increased to 29.
- In another newly introduced change, students applying for GATE EXAM 2024 can also opt for two different papers from the prescribed set of combinations.
- Eligibility criteria to appear for GATE-2024 is relaxed from the minimum 10+2+4 (ongoing) to minimum 10+2+3 (ongoing), enabling even those in the third year of their undergraduate studies to appear for the examination, thus providing an additional opportunity to candidates to improve their performance to secure better career options.
- All test papers of GATE EXAM 2024 will be entirely objective type. Pattern of questions may include (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and/or (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
GATE 2024 Exam Highlights
|Examination Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly Known As||GATE|
|GATE 2024 organising Institute||IISc|
|GATE 2024 Official website||https://gate.iisc.ac.in|
|GATE exam date 2024||February 3,4,10, & 11, 2024 (tentatively)|
|Administered By||Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying Examination for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based Mode|
|Examination Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Frequency of Examination||Annual|
|Number of GATE Papers||29|
|Validity of GATE Score/Grade||3 Years|
GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain GATE eligibility conditions 2024 that students planning to appear for the exam must meet. The authorities will release the GATE eligibility criteria 2024 along with the official notification.
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2024 exam.
Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Arts/ Commerce.
GATE Application Form 2024 Dates
GATE Application Form 2024 release date will be announced along with the official notification. Candidates can check GATE Application Form 2024 release date in the table below-
|GATE 2024 Notification Release||July 31, 2023|
|GATE 2024 Application Form Release Date||September 1, 2023|
|Last Day to Fill GATE 2024 Application Form (without late fee)||October 7, 2023|
|Last Day to Fill GATE 2024 Application Form (with additional fee)||October 16, 2023|
|Last Date for GATE 2024 Form Correction||November 2, 2023|
|GATE 2024 Admit Card Release||January 9, 2024|
|GATE 2024 Exam Dates||February 3, 4, 10, 11, 2024|
How to Fill GATE Application Form 2024?
- Visit the official GATE website (gate.iisc.ac.in) during the registration period.
- Click on the “Register Here” or “New User Registration” button to create an account.
- Provide your valid email ID, mobile number, and a strong password to register.
- Once registered, log in to your account using the credentials.
- Fill in the GATE application form with personal details, academic information, and other required details accurately.
- Choose the preferred GATE paper and exam center from the available options.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and any other necessary documents as per the specified guidelines.
- Review all the entered information and make any necessary corrections.
- Pay the application fee online through the provided payment options (credit card/debit card/net banking).
- After successful payment, take a printout of the filled application form and payment receipt for future reference.
Make sure to follow the official instructions and guidelines provided during the registration process to ensure a smooth and error-free application submission.
GATE Exam Pattern 2024
GATE 2024 exam mode
Computer Based Test (CBT) [will be conducted at select centers in select cities]
GATE 2024 exam duration
Number of Subjects (Papers)
Type of Questions
Questions for testing these abilities
Number of Questions
10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions
Distribution of Marks in all Papers EXCEPT papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST, XH and XL
Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST, XH and XL