ISRO VSSC Recruitment 2023: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), VIKRAM SARABHAI SPACE CENTRE has released a notification for the recruitment of various posts.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Centre/Units are engaged in Research and Development activities in the realm of Space Application, Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance and developing the capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them.
Online applications are invited for direct recruitment to the posts of Scientist/Engineer-SD (Level 11 of the Pay Matrix) and Scientist/Engineer-SC (Level 10 of the Pay Matrix) at constituent ISRO Centres (Group-A Gazetted posts), as detailed below:
- SCIENTIST / ENGINEER-SC
What are the eligibility criteria for the applications of ISRO –in detail below;
- M.E / M.Tech should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA / CPI grading of a minimum of 6.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
- B.E / B.Tech / M.Sc should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA / CPI grading of a minimum of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
- B.Sc. should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA / CPI grading of a minimum of 6.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
- Essential qualification (ie Post Graduation / Graduation) should have been completed within the stipulated duration of the course as prescribed by the University. Where a University mentions both CGPA / CPI and percentage of marks in its Degree Certificate or Consolidated Mark sheet, then at least one criteria (either CGPA or percentage) should meet DOS/ISRO’s eligibility norms.
- Where a University mentions only CGPA / CPI in its Degree Certificate or Consolidated marksheet, then the CGPA / CPI so mentioned should necessarily meet DOS/ISRO’s eligibility criteria. Conversion of CGPA / CPI into percentage of marks is not permitted to determine eligibility, regardless of whether any conversion formula is prescribed by the University/Institution concerned. The same criteria apply mutatis mutandis in cases where only percentage of marks is mentioned in the Degree Certificate / Consolidated marksheet
- Candidates possessing Degrees awarded by foreign universities should produce the equivalency certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, at the time of interview.
What are the educational qualification for the application of ISRO –in detail below;
For ENGINEER-SD –
- Ph.D in the areas of Atmospheric Science OR Space Science OR Planetary Science Expertise in any of the following areas: atmospheric boundary layer physics, atmospheric radiation transfer, inversion techniques for atmospheric remote sensing, middle atmospheric dynamics, magnetohydrodynamic modeling for Earth/ planets/Sun, Space Weather Modeling/ prediction, Spectroscopy for Earth/ planetary atmospheres, Instrumentation for atmospheric/ space/ planetary science, Development of satellite payloads for in-situ observations and remote sensing with pre-eligibility qualification as below: a) M.E/M.Tech in Engineering OR M.S/M.Sc. in Science b) B.E/B. Tech. c) B.Sc.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Metal Additive Manufacturing with pre-eligibility qualification as below: a) M.E/M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering OR Metallurgical Engineering OR Metallurgical & Materials Engineering OR Material Science Engineering b) B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering OR Metallurgical Engineering OR Metallurgical & Materials Engineering OR Material Science Engineering
- Ph.D in Experimental cold atoms with pre-eligibility qualification as below:
- M.E/M.Tech or Equivalent in Electronics Engineering & Allied OR Electrical Engg & Allied OR M.Sc./M.S or Equivalent in Physics OR Applied Physics OR Engineering Physics OR Solid State Physics
SCIENTIST / ENGINEER-SC –
- M.E/M.Tech in Machine Design OR Applied Mechanics with B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering OR Aerospace Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering OR Applied Mechanics with specialization in Machine Design OR Machine Dynamics OR Structural Dynamics OR Solid Mechanics OR Computational and Experimental Solid Mechanics with B.E/BTech in Mechanical Engineering OR Aerospace Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Propulsion Engineering OR Aerospace Engineering with B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering OR Metallurgical & Materials Engineering OR Material Science Engineering with B.E/B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering OR Metallurgical & Materials Engineering OR Material Science Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Chemical Engineering OR Chemical Technology With B.E/B.Tech in Chemical Engineering OR Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering OR Chemical Science & Technology OR Chemical Technology
- M.E/M.Tech in Control Engineering OR Control & Instrumentation OR Control Guidance and navigation with B.E/B.Tech in Electronics Engineering OR Electrical and Electronics Engineering OR Applied Electronics
M.Sc. in Chemistry (General Chemistry) with B.Sc. in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics subjects as minors
- M.E/M.Tech in Micro Electronics OR VLSI Design OR VLSI & Embedded System Design OR VLSI & Micro systems OR Integral Circuits and systems OR Microelectronics and VLSI Design with B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering OR Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Power Electronics OR Power Systems Engineering OR Power Electronics & Drives OR Power Control & Drives OR Power & Industrial Drives with B.E/B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics OR Applied Electronics OR Electronics & Instrumentation OR Instrumentation & Control OR Electrical Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in RF Engineering OR Microwave Engineering OR Radar Engineering with B.E/B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Industrial Engineering OR Industrial Engineering and Management OR Industrial and Production Engineering with B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering OR Production Engineering OR Industrial Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Industrial Safety Engineering with B.E/B.Tech in Fire & Safety Engineering OR Mechanical Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering OR Production Engineering with B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering OR Production Engineering
- M.E/M.Tech in Non-Destructive Testing with B.E/B.Tech in Metallurgy OR Mechanical Engineering OR Production Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Chemical Engineering OR Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering OR Chemical Science & Technology OR Chemical Technology
Salary Amount for ISRO VSSC Recruitment:
What is the salary amount for the recruitment of ISRO –in detail below;
- Engineer-SD – 67,700/-
- Engineer-SC – 56,100/-
- Engineer-SC – 56,100/-
There is no application fee for the post of Scientist/Engineer-SD (Post Nos. 1503 to 1505).
For the post of Scientist/Engineer-SC (Post Nos. 1506 to 1520), all applicants have to uniformly pay `750 as application fee.
Female / (SC) / (ST) / Ex-servicemen [EX-SM] and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) candidates will be refunded full fee subject to the condition that the candidates should appear in the written test.
For other candidates, an amount of `500 will be refunded in due course duly deducting bank charges as applicable on appearing written test. Fee may be paid online through Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking / UPI only through Integrated SBI ePay facility.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of ISRO VSSC:
How to apply for the recruitment of ISRO VSSC –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of ISRO: Link
- Secondly, click on the application link (Link Below)
- Thirdly, fill up the application details
- Fourthly, scan & upload the documents
- After that, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
What is the selection procedure for the recruitment of ISRO VSSC –in detail below;
Based on the online application made in ISRO Live Register portal, initial screening will be conducted for shortlisting the candidates for interview. Candidates called for an Interview will have the option to answer the questions in Hindi also. Please note that the qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for interview/selection. The final selection will be based on the performance of candidates in the interview only.
All valid applicants will be called for a written test. Written test venues will be in Ahmedabad, Chennai, Ernakulam, Hyderabad & Thiruvananthapuram. Candidates can apply for multiple posts, subject to conditions. However, candidates applying for multiple posts should select the same written test center location.
Important Dates & Links for ISRO VSSC Recruitment:
Last date of application: 21.07.2023
Official Website of ISRO: Link
Application Link: Click Here
Official Notification: Download
For More Job Update: