Krishak Bandhu New Update: The State Government has introduced the Krishak Bandhu Scheme (New) in place of the old Krishak Bandhu Scheme. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated the project on June 17, 2021. Some changes have also been made in the application process and benefits of this scheme as compared to the old scheme.
Krishak Bandhu New Update | Latest update regarding Farmer Friend Scheme
Please read the full report for details on how to register the name in the Farmer Friend Scheme 2023, the purpose of the scheme, application conditions, and where to collect the application form.
Krishak Bandhu Scheme (New) Objectives:-
The Krishak Bandhu Scheme is one of the many public welfare schemes of the State Government. Financial assistance of up to Rs.10,000 per annum is provided by the state government to farmers having one acre or more of land for cultivation, purchase of fertilizers, pesticides, and seeds, sowing of seeds, planting of trees, and irrigation of cultivated land. Also, life insurance of up to two lakh taka is given in case of death while enrolled in this scheme.
Applicants have to fulfill the following conditions to enroll in the Farmers Bandhu (New) scheme.
- The applicant’s age should be between 18 to 60 years.
- Only permanent residents of West Bengal are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The land patta/purchase must be in the name of the applicant to apply for this scheme.
- If the applicant does not have land in his name, he can apply for the Krishak Bandhu scheme only if he submits a self-declaration letter and certificate recommended by Panchayat Pradhan.
What documents are required?
- Xerox copy of Aadhaar card.
- Duplicate voter card.
- Xerox of bank front page.
- Passport size color photo.
- Copy of Land Deed/Patta.
- Phone number which is associated with the bank.
- Self-declaration letter and Principal’s recommended certificate (if applicable).
What are the additional documents to provide for life insurance?
- Identity card of the deceased farmer.
- Duplicate Patta/Parcha in the name of the concerned person.
- Death Certificate of the deceased farmer.
- Nominee certificate issued by Sub-Divisional Agriculture Officer/Divisional Ruler in case of residents of Sub-Division Elka.
- Nominee certificate issued by Panchayat Pradhan for residents of the Panchayat area.
Where to collect the form?
Karan or Block Development Office and Panchayat Office Krishak Bandhu Scheme Forms are available at your nearest Agriculture Officer. You will also get this application form in government camps in Duarte.
Those interested in applying for the Farmer Friend (New) scheme should collect the form from any of the above-mentioned offices and fill it out properly and submit the form along with the necessary documents to the said office.