SVMCM Scholarship Status Check 2023: The Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM) is a merit-based scholarship program offered by the Government of West Bengal to financially assist deserving students from minority communities.
The scholarship is available for both freshers and renewal candidates pursuing various courses at recognized educational institutions in West Bengal.
- Applicants must belong to one of the minority communities recognized by the Government of India.
- Applicants must be domiciled in West Bengal.
- Applicants must have secured at least 60% marks (75% for 2020 pass out candidates) in the last qualifying examination.
- Applicants must have an annual family income not exceeding Rs. 2,50,000 (Income criterion is not applicable for K3).
There is no age limit for applying for the SVMCM scholarship.
The educational qualification for the SVMCM scholarship varies depending on the level of study. For freshers, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- School Education: Applicants must have passed Class X with at least 60% marks and must be enrolled in Class XI or XII.
- Under Graduate Level: Applicants must have passed Class XII with at least 60% marks and must be enrolled in the first year of a degree course.
- Post Graduate Level: Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree with at least 53% marks (General Education) or 55% marks (Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy) and must be enrolled in the first year of a postgraduate course.
For renewal candidates, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must have passed the previous year’s examination with at least 50% marks.
- Applicants must have cleared all semester examinations in the first attempt.
Application Procedure for the SVMCM Scholarship 2023:
The application procedure for the SVMCM scholarship is online. Applicants can apply through the official SVMCM portal (https://wbmdfcscholarship.in/). The application process is as follows:
- Create an account on the SVMCM portal.
- Fill up the online application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form.
SVMCM Scholarship Status Check 2023:
To check your SVMCM scholarship status, follow these steps:
- Visit the SVMCM portal: https://wbmdfcscholarship.in/
- Click on the “Applicant Login” button.
- Enter your Applicant ID and Password.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Your scholarship status will be displayed on the dashboard.
Additional Information: Key Points to Remember
- The SVMCM scholarship is renewable for up to four years for undergraduate courses and two years for postgraduate courses.
- The scholarship amount is paid directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- For more detailed information and updates, visit the official website of the West Bengal Higher Education Department (https://www.wbphed.gov.in/).
Important Dates & Links for SVMCM Scholarship Status Check:
Official Website of SVMCM: Link