WBPRB Police Warder Recruitment 2023: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board Araksha Bhawan (5th floor), 6th Cross Road, Block –DJ, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091, has released a notification for the recruitment to the posts of Warders & Female Warders in the department of correctional administration, Govt. of West Bengal -2023. There are a total of 130 vacancies.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens having the following eligibility criteria for recruitment to the post of Warders & Females Warder in the Department of Correctional Administration, Govt. of West Bengal – 2023.
Educational Qualification for WBPRB Police Warder Recruitment:
What is the educational qualification for the applications of WBPRB –in detail below;
The applicant must have passed the Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
What is the age limit for the applications of WBPRB –in detail below;
The applicant must not be less than 18 (Eighteen) years old and must not be more than 27 (Twenty-Seven) years old as on 01.01.2023.
The upper age limit shall be relaxed by 05(five) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of SC) & (ST) and by 03 (three) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of Other Backward Classes (OBC) .The upper age limit is also relaxable for the Ex-Servicemen as per existing Government Rules. 10% of total vacancies are reserved for Economically Weaker Sections.
Eligibility Criteria for WBPRB Police Warder Recruitment:
What are the eligibility criteria for the applications of WBPRB –in detail below;
Must be a citizen of India.
METHOD OF RECRUITMENT: –
Applicants provisionally considered eligible shall have to appear for a Competitive Written Examination of 90 marks followed by Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET) [qualifying in nature] and Interview.
WRITTEN TEST: –
Full Marks – 90; Applicants provisionally considered eligible shall have to appear for this MCQ based Written Test. There would be 90 (ninety) Objective type questions having multiple choice (four choices) of answers carrying equal marks each. The duration of the examination will be 1(One) hour. Question paper will be set in three languages (English, Bengali & Nepali) except questions on English language.
There will be NEGATIVE marking for each wrong answer. ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each wrong answer. West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will decide the prescribed scheme and syllabus for the Written Test.
The Board will have the discretion of fixing the qualifying marks in the Written Test to appear for the next stage i.e. Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT TEST (PMT) AND PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET):-
A limited number of candidates will be shortlisted for PMT & PET on the basis of performance in the Written Test.
PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT TEST:- The physical Standards (height & weight) as given under 4(e) will be tested by using Electronic Machines for the candidates shortlisted for PMT & PET.
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET):- Candidates who qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET as described below:-
- For Warder: – Long Distance Run – 1600 mtrs. (Qualifying time is 06 minutes 30 seconds).
- For Female Warder: – Long Distance Run – 400 mtrs. (Qualifying time is 1 minute 50 seconds).
Note: – I. Timing of an individual runner shall be taken with the help of Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) technology. Only one chance will be given for Physical Efficiency Test. The venues for PMT & PET will be decided by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, in due course. II. PMT & PET are qualifying in nature.
Full Marks – 10. Candidates who will qualify in the PMT & PET will be called for Interview. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. The Interview Board will also test the knowledge on Computer operation and application. On the basis of the marks obtained in the Written Test and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
Note:- If 02 (two) or more candidates secure the same total marks, their seniority in the final merit/ selection list will be decided by the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Test. The one who secures higher marks in the Written Test will precede in the Merit List. If the marks secured in the Written Test are also the same then seniority will be determined by their age. The one older in age will find precedence in the Merit List. In case of same Date of Birth the principle of determining seniority will be decided by the Board.
APPLICATION FEES & PROCESSING FEES :-
The following Application and/or Processing fees have been fixed.
|Category||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|All categories (except SC/ST of West Bengal only)||Rs. 200||Rs. 20||Rs. 220|
|SC (West Bengal only)||Nil||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
|ST (West Bengal only)||Nil||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
- Applicants belonging to theSC/ST (of West Bengal only) shall pay processing fees of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only as they are exempted from paying any application fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification and at the time of Interview or their candidature shall abinitio be considered void.
- If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his/her candidature shall be rejected summarily.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States.
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category candidates of OTHER States will be treated as General (Un-reserved) category candidates.
- Neither any claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reassigned for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite application fees and/or processing fees shall be rejected summarily.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of WBPRB:
How to apply for the recruitment of WBPRB Police Warder (Male & Female) – in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of WBPRB: Link
- Secondly, click on the Apply Online
- Thirdly, fill up the application details
- Fourthly, scan & upload the documents
- After that, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
What are the documents required for the applications of WBPRB –in detail below;
- RECENT PHOTO (NOT MORE THAN 3 MONTHS OLD) FACING FORWARD AND LOOKING STRAIGHT INTO THE CAMERA.
- MUST BE ON WHITE BACKGROUND.
- WITHOUT ANYTHING COVERING THE FACE.
- IN CLEAR CONTRAST TO THE BACKGROUND.
- WITHOUT A HEAD COVERING.
- WITH EYES OPEN, VISIBLE AND FREE FROM REFLECTION OR GLARE FROM GLASSES.
- WITH YOUR EYES NOT COVERED BY SUNGLASSES, TINTED GLASSES, GLASS FRAMES OR LOCK OF HAIR.
- WITHOUT ANY ‘RED EYE’ AND WITHOUT ANY SHADOW IN THE PICTURE.
- WITH A NORMAL EXPRESSION.
Important Dates & Links for WBPRB Police Warder Recruitment:
Starting date of application: 06.08.2023
Last date of application: 26.08.2023
Official Website of WBPRB: Link
Official Notification: Download