DRDO RAC Recruitment 2023: Defence Research and Development Organization 9DRDO), Recruitment & Assessment Centre (RAC) has released a notification for the recruitment of Scientists in DRDO.
RAC invites online applications from graduate engineers and postgraduates in Science including students who are appearing or have appeared in their final year examination through RAC website https://rac.gov.in for recruitment to the posts of Scientist `B’ in Defence Research & Development Organization(DRDO) in Level‐10 (7th CPC) of the Pay Matrix (Rs.56,100/‐) in specified disciplines and categories.
Total emoluments (inclusive of HRA and all other allowances) at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 1,00,000/‐ p.m. at the present metro city rate.
DRDO, India’s premier Defence R&D organization employs bright, qualified and competent scientists in Group ‘A’ (Gazetted) technical service known as Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS) and offers exciting and challenging career opportunities in a broad spectrum of technologies at its laboratories/establishments located across the country. For further information about DRDO, please visit DRDO website https://drdo.gov.in.
The name of the subjects are:-
- Electronics & Communication Engg
- Mechanical Engg
- Computer Science & Engg.
- Electrical Engg.
- Material Engg/ Material Science & Engg/ Metallurgical Engg.
- Chemical Engg.
- Aeronautical /Aerospace Engg
- Civil Engg
What is the educational qualification for the applications of DRDO RAC –in detail below;
First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in various departments.
Salary Amount for DRDO RAC Recruitment:
The salary amount for the recruitment of DRDO –in detail below;
Scientist `B’ in Defence Research & Development Organization(DRDO) in Level‐10 (7th CPC) of the Pay Matrix (Rs.56,100/‐).
The age limit for the applications of DRDO –in detail below;
Un Reserved (UR)/ EWS -28 Years
OBC (Non-cramy layer) -31 Years
SC/ST – 33 Years
Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
Required Documents for DRDO RAC Recruitment:
What are the documents required for the applications of DRDO RAC –in detail below;
- Self-attested certificates/testimonials regarding Date of Birth (Matriculation /High School Certificate or Birth Certificate issued by the appropriate local authority), Essential Qualification degree along with mark sheets (both front and reverse side), Conversion Formula (CGPA/CPI to Percentage), Caste, EWS status, Ex‐serviceman, Disability, Employment in Central Govt. civilian posts, etc. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500KB and it must be legible when a printout is taken.
- The candidates who have appeared in the final year examination may upload their degree/provisional degree certificate after the closing date of the advertisement but latest by 31 August 2023 for which a provision will be made at the RAC website.
- Candidates are required to submit the relevant affidavit if there is any mismatch in the name of self or parents as mentioned in the application form with any of the certificates/documents being uploaded.
- A recent passport-size colour photograph (size not exceeding 30 KB; resolution of 110 x 140 pixels).
- Scanned sample of the candidate’s signature.
- Valid GATE scorecard.
- The candidates, whether in Govt Service or in Govt owned organisations, should upload a copy of the intimation letter (as per the format available at RAC website) to their CCA that they have applied for the post in RAC’s advertisement, as well as a signed declaration (as per the format available at RAC website) for the same. A provision will be made at the RAC website for such candidates to upload the copy of their intimation letter to their CCA and the signed declaration within seven days of the closing date of receipt of online applications.
Application Fee & Mode Of Payment:
General (UR), EWS and OBC male candidates are required to pay a non‐ transferable non‐refundable application fee of Rs 100/‐ (Rs. One Hundred only) payable online only. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of DRDO RAC:
How to apply for the recruitment of DRDO RAC –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of DRDO: Link
- Secondly, click on ‘Registration’
- Thirdly, after completing the registration, do ‘Login’
- Fourthly, fill up the application details
- After that, scan & upload the documents
- Then, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
The process for the recruitment of DRDO RAC -in detail below;
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of a GATE score in the ratio of 1:10 subject to their availability in order of discipline‐wise category‐wise merit list.
- The shortlisted candidates will be asked to confirm their willingness to appear for an interview by a given deadline and subsequently select their choice of tentative interview date from the pre‐defined calendar dates made available on the RAC website.
iii) The exact dates of the interview will be finalized later by RAC and communicated to candidates.
The selection procedure for the recruitment of DRDO RAC –in detail below;
- The shortlisted candidates on the basis of the GATE scores will be required to appear in the Personal Interview to be held at Delhi or any other place as decided by RAC/ DRDO.
- The offer of appointment to the selected candidates will be restricted to the number of vacancies in order of merit. The appointment, however, will be subject to satisfying conditions like qualifying the Medical Examination prescribed for Group ‘A’ Technical posts of Govt. of India with Field Service liability and verification of character antecedents besides verification of SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD(HH)/PwD(LD)/PwD(AAV)/PwD(Dw) certificate etc, wherever applicable. iii) Final result (customised for individual candidates) will be made available at RAC website (https://rac.gov.in)
Important Dates & Links for DRDO RAC Recruitment:
Last date of application: Online submission closes on 21 days from the date of activation of the online registration link at the RAC website at 1700 Hrs (IST).
Official Website of DRDO RAC: Link
Official Notification: Download