Reserve Bank of India Recruitment: Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of ‘Junior Engineer (Civil/Electrical)’ in the Reserve Bank of India, hereinafter referred to as ‘Bank’. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT). Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website– www.rbi.org.in.
- The full text of the advertisement is available on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in
Eligibility for the Posts
Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the advertised posts.
Bank would admit to the Examination all the candidates applying for the post with the requisite fee/intimation charges (wherever applicable) based on the information furnished in the ONLINE application and shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage i.e. document verification.
If at any stage, it is found that any information furnished in the ONLINE application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Bank, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/ her candidature will be canceled. Such candidates can be removed from Bank’s services without notice if they have already joined the Bank.
Mode of Application
- Candidates are required to apply ONLINE only through the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in. No other mode for submission of the application is available.
- Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” are given in Para 7 of the detailed notice.
- Candidates may click on the link below for filling in the online application form
*RBI reserves the right to change the dates of the examination.
|Website Link Open||June 09, 2023 – June 30, 2023|
|Payment of Examination Fees Online||June 09, 2023 – June 30, 2023|
|Tentative Date of Online Examination*||July 15, 2023|
In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of the examination fee, or receipt of a call letter, queries may be made through the link – http://cgrs.ibps.in/. Do not forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Junior Engineer (Civil/Electrical)-PY 2022’ in the subject box of the email.
Use of MOBILE PHONES and other electronic devices BANNED:
- Mobile phones or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises, where the examination is being Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disqualification including a ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are not permitted to use or be in possession of calculators during the examination
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be
- Nationality: a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv), and (v) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination, but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate is issued to him/her by the Government of India.
II. Age (as of 01/06/2023):
- Between 20 and 30 years. Candidates born not earlier than 02/06/1993 and not later than 01/06/2003 (both days inclusive) are only eligible to apply.
- Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit: Upper age limit will be relaxed as under:
|Sr. No||Category||Relaxation in Age|
|(i)||SC / ST||By 5 years, i.e. up to 35 years|
|(ii)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|(iii)||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)||By 10 years (GEN/EWS), 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|(iv)||Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in the Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to a maximum of 50 years.|
|(v)||Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married||Upto 35 years (40 years for SC/ST)|
NOTE: Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under the above items or in combination with any other items.
Educational Qualifications (as of 01/06/2023):
- Junior Engineer (Civil): Minimum three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institute or University or Board with a minimum of 65% of marks (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) or Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University with 55% marks (45% for SC/ST/PwBD).
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): Minimum three years Diploma in Electrical or Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institute or University or Board with a minimum 65% of marks (55% for SC/ST/ PwBD) or a Degree in Electrical or Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized University with 55% marks (45% for SC/ST/ PwBD).
Experience: (as of 01/06/2023):
- Junior Engineer (Civil): At least 2 years experience for Diploma holders or at least 1-year experience for Degree holders in execution and supervision of civil construction work and/ or civil maintenance of office buildings/ commercial buildings/ residential complexes with basic knowledge of RCC design and other civil works, working knowledge of computers, experience in preparation of tenders for civil works, etc or a 1-year graduate apprenticeship training in a PSU.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): At least 2 years experience for Diploma holders or at least 1-year experience for Degree holders in execution and supervision of electrical installations in large buildings/ commercial buildings having HT/ LT substations, central AC plants, lifts, UPS, DG sets, CCTV, Fire alarm system, etc or a 1-year graduate apprenticeship training in a PSU
- Visit the provided URL for the Junior Engineer (Civil/Electrical) online application form (Recruitment for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical)- PY 2022).
- Fill in your details and upload the required documents.
- Register with your name, contact details, and email.
- Note down the provided Provisional Registration Number and Password.
- Verify and modify the application details if needed before clicking “COMPLETE REGISTRATION.”
- Pay attention to the correct spelling of names as per ID proof.
- Validate and save the application.
- Upload the photograph and signature as instructed.
- Fill in the remaining details.
- Preview and verify the application before clicking “COMPLETE REGISTRATION.”
- Modify if necessary, then click on “COMPLETE REGISTRATION.”
- Make the payment and submit the application.
- Check that the filled name matches the ID proof.
- Fill out the form carefully, as no modifications are allowed after submission.
- Ensure a clear photograph and signature for a valid application.
- Apply well before the closing date to avoid technical issues.
- RBI is not responsible for submission issues beyond its control.
- Follow the specified application procedure only; other modes will be rejected.
- Provide truthful information to avoid legal consequences.