SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2023: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has recently released the official notification for the Junior Engineer Recruitment 2023, inviting applications for the posts of Junior Engineer (JE) in the Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical disciplines.
This is a golden opportunity for aspiring engineers to secure a government job, and the recruitment process is highly competitive.
To be eligible for the SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2023, candidates must possess specific educational qualifications based on the discipline they are applying for. The educational qualifications required for each discipline are as follows:
- Junior Engineer (Civil):
Candidates should have a Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or institute.
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical):
Candidates should have a Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university or institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical):
Candidates should have a Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university or institute.
It is important to note that the degree or diploma should be obtained on or before the closing date of the application.
The age limit for SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2023 varies depending on the discipline and is as follows:
- For Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical): Candidates should be between 18 and 32 years of age as of the specified date.
- For Junior Engineer (Mechanical): The age limit is also 18 to 32 years.
Candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and others may be eligible for age relaxation as per government norms. It is advisable to check the official notification for detailed information on age relaxation criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment:
Apart from educational qualifications and age limit, candidates must also meet certain eligibility criteria to apply for SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2023:
- Candidates must be Indian citizens or subjects of Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1, 1962.
- Aspirants should not have any criminal charges or disciplinary actions pending against them.
- They must meet the physical and medical standards as specified in the official notification.
- Female candidates are also eligible to apply for the Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical) posts.
The salary structure for Junior Engineers recruited through SSC includes pay in the pay matrix as per the 7th Central Pay Commission. The approximate gross salary for Junior Engineers may range from Rs. 35,400 to Rs. 1,12,400, depending on the post, location, and other factors. In addition to the basic pay, candidates are entitled to various allowances and benefits as per government rules.
Application Procedure for SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment:
The application process for SSC JE Recruitment 2023 is conducted online. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official SSC website (https://ssc.nic.in).
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab and select the Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical) Examination 2023.
- Register using a valid email ID and contact number.
- Fill in the online application form with personal and educational details.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee online through the provided options.
- Submit the application form.
It’s important to keep all the necessary documents, photographs, and signature ready before starting the application process. Also, make sure to check the official notification for any specific instructions and application fees.
The selection process for SSC JE Recruitment 2023 involves a two-tier examination:
- Paper-I (Objective Type): This paper will consist of multiple-choice questions and is conducted online. It tests the candidate’s knowledge in General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Engineering (Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical). The total marks for this paper are 200.
- Paper-II (Descriptive Type): This paper is a written examination that evaluates the candidate’s engineering skills in their respective discipline (Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical). The total marks for this paper are 300.
Candidates who clear both Paper-I and Paper-II are called for document verification, and the final selection is based on merit and the preference of posts made by the candidates during the application process.
Important Dates & Links for SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment:
Official Website: Link
Official Notification: Download