Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023: Empowerment of women is very important for the development of society. Several schemes have been introduced by the state and central governments for women’s education and empowerment.
On the one hand, schemes like Kanyashree, and Rupashree have been brought by the state government, similarly, a scheme for women has been brought by the central government, where maximum returns of up to 15 lakh rupees can be obtained after investment.
The name of this central scheme is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. If you also want to secure your daughter’s future, you can invest in this government scheme. It will provide good returns as well as financial security.
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Acount Scheme?
- Minimum deposit ₹ 250/- Maximum deposit ₹ 1.5 Lakh in a financial year.
- The account can be opened in the name of a girl child till she attains the age of 10 years.
- Only one account can be opened in the name of a girl child.
- Accounts can be opened in Post offices and in authorized banks.
- Withdrawal shall be allowed for the purpose of higher education of the Account holder to meet education expenses.
- The account can be prematurely closed in case of marriage of a girl child after her attaining the age of 18 years.
- The account can be transferred anywhere in India from one Post office/Bank to another.
- The account shall mature on completion of a period of 21 years from the date of opening of the account.
- Deposit qualifies for deduction under Sec.80-C of I.T.Act.
- Interest earned in the account is free from Income Tax under Section -10 of I.T.Act
How to invest in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
This scheme was introduced by the central government in 2015.
The scheme was brought under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao program. Under this scheme, parents can open bank or post office accounts for their daughters. Investing in this scheme earns interest at the rate of 7.6 percent per annum.
Who can invest in this project?
- To invest in Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme the applicant i.e. your daughter must be an Indian citizen.
- At the time of investment, the age of the daughter should not be more than 10 years.
- This account can be opened for a maximum of two daughters per family.
How to get Rs 15 lakh by investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme?
A minimum investment of Rs 250 and a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be invested in Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme. If you invest Rs 8,333 per month, then approximately Rs 1,529,458 will accumulate at a 7.6% interest rate for 10 consecutive years.
Official Website: Link